The LDES Council is a global organization, with founding members and a Board made up of executives and business leaders from leading energy companies, technology providers, investors, and end-users. The Council strives to accelerate decarbonization of the energy system by driving innovation, commercialization, and deployment of long duration energy storage.
Launched on November 4, 2021 at COP26, the LDES Council is rapidly growing and has established itself as a catalyst in driving global dialogues on long duration storage by providing fact-based guidance and information drawn from members’ expertise. The Council is hiring an Executive Assistant to serve as the assistant to the Executive Director and support the Council staff in administrative tasks. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
A successful candidate will have at least 5-7 years of executive assistant experience, that includes leading relationships with C-level executives and managing schedules, meetings, and travel for one or more executives. The candidate should possess a successful track record of problem solving, and a high attention to detail. Strong writing skills, the ability to manage multiple time zones, and a collaborative, flexible, affable work style are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential job functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Executive Director calendar and scheduling across multiple time zones.
- Assist with domestic and international travel arrangements, and conference/event registrations for all staff members.
- Manage financial records including reimbursements and expense reports for the Executive Director as related to travel.
- Prepare drafts of Powerpoint slides for meetings, conferences, and webinars as assigned.
- Coordinate with Programs Manager on speakers invitations, scheduling, and correspondence for webinars.
Coordinate board meeting materials and board member communications as requested.
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials and note taking during Council and external partner meetings.
- Maintain member lists, online member portal including technical support, and tracking of conferences, events, and speaking engagements to assist all staff members.
- Assist Communications Director with website and online content, to include drafting and producing social media posts, including graphic creation.
- Take ownership of files and folders in Google Drive, to include member logos and PPT templates.
- Handle technical troubleshooting for Council programs, such as Zoom, Google, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required skills and abilities to effectively perform this position include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive-level stakeholders, including Council leadership, members, and relevant third parties.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done with limited supervision.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5-7 years of experience in an executive assistant role.
At least 1 year of experience in the energy industry. Some understanding of the energy industry to include generation, electric utilities, electrification, grid modernization, supply and distribution landscape. This includes knowledge of relevant policies, programs, technologies, and initiatives. Familiarity with energy storage, energy management, renewable energy, smart grids, global decarbonization goals and sustainable development is preferred. Understanding of the global landscape on the above shall be preferred.
- International experience or familiarity with working with global organizations.
- Strong experience with Google Suite, Powerpoint/Google Slides, Excel/Google Sheets, and Word/Google Docs as well as data management software such as Hubspot. Familiarity with Canva or graphic design software is a plus.
Culture & Personality
Exhibits good active listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Effective Communicator. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Inspires the trust of others. Keeps commitments. Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values. Works with integrity and ethics.
Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and within budget. Coordinates projects. Develops project plans. Manages project team activities.
Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Analyzes market and competition. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses.
Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts the success of the team above their own interests.
Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Candidates are ideally based in the United States or Western Europe given the ability to span time zones. The work will be remote.
Please submit your current CV (max. 2 pages) and a short letter outlining your motivation and vision for the role to email@example.com using "Recruiting: Director of Operations" as the email subject line.
Working at the LDES Council
The LDES Council offers the following benefits:
Full time, permanent, salaried, benefits-eligible, exempt status
Remote first, collaborative culture
- Healthcare provided by Council for individual, including medical, dental, vision insurance; family insurance available
- 401k contribution with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off, including your birthday!
- Paid parental leave
- Technology stipend for home office
The LDES Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary range: $70,000-100,000USD depending on experience. Bonus opportunities available.