The LDES Council is a global organization, with founding members and a Board made up of executives from leading energy companies, technology providers, investors, and end-users. The Council strives to accelerate decarbonisation of energy and industry by driving innovation, commercialization, and deployment of long duration energy storage.
The Council is now establishing its permanent Secretariat and is looking for a Director of Communications and Public Relations to develop and implement the Council’s global communications strategy.
Communications strategy: Collaborate with the CEO, LDES Council Directors and the Communications Working Group (with various member companies) to develop and implement an effective global Communications strategy, including leading the public relations work from our outside agency.
Oversight of Communications initiatives:
Oversee Communications initiatives (e.g., event organization and media placement for members), social media, and work with public relations team on projects.
- Develop press releases, opinion pieces, blogs, presentation materials for public speaking, manage public relations teams and arrange interviews with LDES Council member companies and the LDES Council
- Identify media and speaking opportunities for member companies and promote member news and announcements
- Conduct ongoing media and social media scan on key areas of interest to LDES Council including tracking public references to LDES Council members and identifying potential risks
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Produce digital and printed collateral initiatives/materials based on feedback from core stakeholders
- Coordinate response to calls for evidence e.g., from public institutions
- Develop, regularly review, and ensure the Council website accurately reflects activity and represents the aims and objectives of the Council
- Grow visibility and create engagement by writing and distributing content on social media, and maintaining the email inbox
- Initiate, grow, and maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and conduct stakeholder intelligence and communications tracking
PR materials: Generate, curate and maintain a set of PR materials on LDES and Council
Internal communication: Manage the member newsletter including updates on upcoming events and the work of the LDES Council
Events: Create calendar for regular webinar series, work with the Council Secretariat on the development of the agenda for annual membership meeting, and create calendar for quarterly in person member meetups.
Education and work experience
- Graduate degree (or relevant experience) in public relations, communications, journalism or other relevant field
- Significant experience (5-10 years) in a senior communications role
- Experience in policy or public affairs is a plus
Skills and competencies
- Strong track record developing and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy using appropriate tools and channels.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional copy-writing and text editing skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of (senior) internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding or affinity with energy/sustainability/climate change
- Fluent command of English, additional languages are a plus
- Ability to lead and motivate
Candidates are ideally based in Europe or the United States. This position is remote.
There will be some travel.
Please submit your current CV (max. 2 pages) and a short letter outlining your motivation and vision for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Recruiting: Director of Communications And Public Relations” as the email subject line.
Working at the LDES Council
This is a full time position and the LDES Council offers the following benefits:
- Collaborative culture in a fast paced industry
- Purposeful work to help combat global warming and climate change
- Competitive salary with annual raises and bonuses •
- Individual and family medical, dental and vision insurance coverage options
- 401k program with 3% matching contributions
- Generous paid time off, including: local holidays, three weeks paid time off, and Christmas to New Years, your birthday
- Paid parental leave
- Technology stipend for home office
The LDES Council is an equal opportunity employer.