Long Duration Energy Storage Council to Address COP27 on Energy Day
November 14, 2022 - Sharm El-Sheikh - Following the successful launch of our latest research report, Long Duration Energy Storage (LDES) Council Executive Director Julia Souder is speaking during the official "Energy Day" agenda on November 15, 2022 at 14:00 EET from Sharm El-Sheikh. Ms. Souder will moderate a panel on the topic of "Innovative Solutions and Enabling Environments", where the discussion will focus on battery storage, smart grids and other digital technologies for grid flexibility and the integration of distributed energy resources. Panelists include:
- Mr. Khaled A. Sharbatly, CEO, Desert Technologies Investments
- Mr. Phil Spring, VP for Environment, Energy and Utilities, IBM Europe
- Ms. Heike Harmgart, Managing Director for the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean (SEMED) region, EBRD
- Mr. Badar Munir Chaudhry, Senior Vice President, Sector Head Energy, Mashreq Bank
- Mr. Nigel Jenvey, Managing Partner, Baker Hughes and Board member of the LDES Council
- Ms. Julia Souder, Executive Director, LDES Council (Moderator)
The panel event will be held in the AHMOS Room in Area B of the Blue Zone at COP27 from 14:00-15:00 EET.
Thank you to Egypt and the Egyptian Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy for hosting COP27 this year.