The council is an executive-led organization and requires participation from C-level executives. Once a member, other staff members at the VP, Director, etc. levels have the opportunity to join working groups and committees, etc. as well as gain access to the Member Portal.
How to join The LDES Council
The Council brings together leading LDES technology providers, equipment providers, renewable energy companies, utilities, grid operators, investors, and end-customers with a common mission of accelerating the deployment of LDES solutions in support of a net-zero carbon power system. The unique alliance LDES Council has been formed to support Governments, grid operators and major electricity users in the most cost-effective adoption of energy storage to replace the use of fossil fuels.
The LDES Council has three categories of membership:
- Technology providers who are leading the innovation in Long Duration Energy Storage and are drawn from across electrochemical, chemical, mechanical and thermal approaches to energy storage.
- Service providers are law firms, EPCs, and similar candidates.
- Anchor members that include capital providers, equipment providers, low-carbon energy system integrators and developers, and equipment manufacturers.
The council is an executive-led organization and requires participation from C-level executives.
Criteria for membership:
To apply for membership, companies need to meet the following criteria:
- The Council’s mission of driving progress toward net-zero power system carbon emissions aligns with the company’s own mission
- Technology providers have developed a solution that can store or enables the storage of energy – whether chemical, electrochemical, mechanical, or thermal
- Anchor members should have a significant vested interest on the demand-side for a solution that enables the storage of energy
- Participation in Council activities by senior executives across both technology providers and anchor members
- The ability to support the annual membership fees
Rights of membership:
The council membership gives access to the member’s community, it allows to share in the knowledge creation and it enables to define the Council’s strategy. Specifically, the rights of members are the following:
- Members can lead Council activities and have voting rights on which activities the Council should pursue
- Members are invited to all internal Council sessions
- Council members can help shape the Council’s strategy
- Members have the right to participate in internal research, knowledge and communications working groups
- All members have access to the knowledge documents that are internally shared and created
Frequently Asked Questions
Membership Application Process
To enquire or get more information about LDES Council membership, please fill out a membership form
To enquire or get more information about the membership, please fill out the membership form. Please state the name of your organisation, the membership category of interest, and a brief description of the company.